Pleased to be offering safe services during the COVID-19 pandemic
Admire Studios was closed from March 13th, 2020 to June 6th, 2020 due to COVID-19 legal restrictions in Alberta, and re-opened on June 7th following the precautionary directives from the province of Alberta and City of Edmonton.
Many services are still available and safe during the period of Alberta’s second set of additional COVID-19 restrictions beginning January 2021 and continuing to change over the course of 2021.
Photography is safe, and your comfort levels are important.
Photographers are specifically listed in the latest guidelines as safe to continue operations with all possible precautions observed. Admire Studios falls under the guidelines of businesses open by appointment only and home-based businesses listed in Alberta’s response. Only restricted businesses are subject to restricted operations at this time.
I am only able to offer services in which physical distancing can be maintained. The only service that I cannot offer is traditional newborn photography, as I cannot maintain the correct distance from the infant. Newborns photographed with their parents from a distance outdoors is still possible, but likely not desirable for most families.
It is also illegal to meet in groups except for weddings, funerals, and religious gatherings such as baptisms. I must be included in the number of attendees if I am requested to photograph such an event.
A Word on Studio-Style Portraits and Headshots
In order to cut your costs and because my home has a suitable space, I have traditionally offered to set up my home kitchen with studio equipment. For a time, this was discouraged, but due to a lack of evidence for COVID-transmission in home-based businesses they are now allowed to operate under Phase 2 of the Alberta Plan. Alberta’s Guidance for Home Based […] Operations includes several guidelines, including the following that I carefully adhere to:
- Notify clients and customers of the steps being taken to prevent the risk of transmission, and the importance of their roles in these measures.
- Displaying the company COVID plan and procedures on your website for customers to review. [Here it is!]
- Encourage clients and customers to practice hand hygiene before and after the service or visit. Provide hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content for client use
as they enter and exit.
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19; with a history of international travel in the last 14 days; or with close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days must remain at home.
- Maintain physical distancing of two metres (6 feet) between providers and clients, where possible.
- Contactless electronic payment is the only payment I am able to accept at this time.
- Self-monitor for symptoms of cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat. The provider will not provide services on any day that a self-screen is concerning.
- Wash or sanitize hands before starting work, before and after each client service or sale, and after any other activity
- Given the nature of photography services, the provider will always wear a mask when in proximity, and the client must wear a mask at any time photography is not being provided.
- Never provide services in areas of the home where a household member is isolating due to COVID-19 restrictions.